There once was a time called COVID
It came long after the poet Ovid
This limerick is so dumb
I should have kept mum
And should have instead gotten loaded.
Yeah, that was as dumb as the 3 years we had to deal with that "pandemic"...more on pan later.
During the uncertain summer of 2020, I did a ton of walking. It was truly an obsession at that point. Not exactly unhealthy, but I was working the hell out of my feet and legs. I would walk early in the morning before the high heat came. I would generally be back home by 8am. The rest of the day was sleeping, posting brags of my steps, and just a lot of utter time wasting. But that weight got down to the mid 180s by July and I was proud of myself.
To this day, I am of the opinion that if I had not gone walking psycho and eating low carb, I would have died before I hit 50.
One day I brought a colleague friend Candice's son's artwork home that had been left at school. In turn, she invited me and the fam to come swimming at her house sometime, so we took her up on it. Apart from that, we hung out with our friend Kimberly and her fam for a few game nights here and there. Not a lot of things to do since many places were closed in Vegas and elsewhere.
School was a bit delayed due to Nevada educational "experts" trying to figure out how to teach kids from home...or rather for some of us, teaching kids on the computer via Google Meet sitting alone in our classrooms.
The first day was a big hiccup as Cox WiFi had no idea how the first day would be but it got straightened out.
The next couple of months were really just an adjustment of figuring out synchronous time and asynchronous time. Lots of assignments graded on Google classroom. Math tests were an absolute joy,not!
As we had begun a Friday coffee rotation when things were normal, Candice and I kept that up, only I would drive up to her house to either receive coffee or give it, and have a small how are ya chat. It was the one thing that helped to maintain a sense of normalcy.
It all went pretty much that way until mid November. Our 14th wedding anniversary in fact. COVID cases had risen so much that EVERYONE had to teach from home. So I rigged up a workstation at home. Coffee with Candice was put on hold for a few months.
My beloved stepdad Don passed away on January 1, 2021.
Before the workplace displacement, the 2020 election had taken place. Ok, time to get on some people's bad sides. Trump pretty much told us he would contest the results if he lost, the true meaning of foreshadowing. He lost. He raised hell as did his enablers.
Then came January 6, 2021. Hell rained upon Washington D.C. that day in a display I am still sickened by. People broke into the Capitol and wreaked havoc and damage. People werere injured and killed. 4 years later, many perpetrators were pardoned. They were not heroes.
Nobody ever found any solid evidence that the election was rigged, even Trump's hand-picked Supreme Court ruled against him. Yet, some members of Congress were ready to vote to overturn the results before that dreadful day, just because they were used to appeasing him.
All right all right, rant over. I think, looking back on it all was that we were in a strange time trying to cope with it as best as we could. If COVID had not weighed us down, I have no doubt that Trump would have won by a landslide.
Oh one other thing...I did not want Joe Biden, either. His 4 years were no picnic for anyone as far as I could tell.
The COVID shots were becoming a requirement if you did not want to constantly tested. So I took the 2 parter in March.
In April, everyone was back full time to finish the year. It was great to meet my class in person. And the coffee exchange was back in action.
And through all of this, I walked...and also began some bike riding.
No comments:
Post a Comment